Required Elements in DSU Syllabi
The purpose of this requirement is to acquaint students with the policies, resources, and services that will help them succeed.
The following elements are required in all DSU syllabi.
- Date classes begin
- Last day to add without instructor permission
- Pell Grant census date
- All holidays / breaks when classes are not held
- Last day for refund of tuition and fees
- Late registration / payment fee – Purge date (students who have not paid tuition / fees IN FULL or made payment arrangements may be dropped from classes!)
- Last day to add or audit classes with instructor permission
- Midterm grades posted
- Last day to drop an individual class
- Last day for complete withdrawal from all classes
- Last day of classes
- Final Exam dates
- Final grades posted
- Commencement (as applicable)
- DSU strive to make learning materials and experiences accessible for all students so If you are a student with a medical, psychological, or learning disability or anticipate physical or academic barriers based on disability, you are welcome to let me know so we can discuss options. Students with documented disabilities are required to contact the Disability Resource Center located in the North Plaza Building, Next to the Testing Center (435-652-7516) to explore eligibility process and reasonable accommodations related to disability.
- DSU seeks to provide an environment that is free of bias, discrimination, and harassment. If you have been the victim of sexual harassment/misconduct/assault we encourage you to report this to the college’s Title IX Director, Cindy Cole, (435) 652-7731, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you report to a faculty member, she or he must notify the Title IX Director about the basic facts of the incident.
- You are required to frequently check your Dmail account. Important class and university information will be sent to your Dmail account, including DSU bills, financial aid/scholarship notices, notices of cancelled classes, reminders of important dates and deadlines, and other information critical to your success at DSU and in your courses. To access your Dmail account, visit go.dixie.edu/dmail. Your Dmail username is your DixieID (e.g. D00111111) If you have forgotten your PIN, visit go.dixie.edu/mydixie and click the Forgot Pin button.