Note: If a new course is part of a new or restructured program, submit the course(s) and program proposal(s) at the same time. (Program Change Instructions)
- The course proposal originator (Faculty or Department Chair (DC)) submits proposal using the Course Inventory Management (CIM) tool to the department queue. (See below for Fees and GE status)
- DC reviews proposal and if the DC agrees, submits proposal to the CIM college queue.
- College Admin (CA) adds to the College Curriculum Committee (CCC) agenda.
- If approved at the CCC, the CA submits proposal to the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) Secretary two weeks before the UCC meeting. If the new course includes a fee, the fee must be approved by the Course Fee Committee before it can be added to the UCC agenda. (See below)
- If approved at the UCC, the UCC Secretary submits proposal to the Academic Council (AC) Secretary to be included on the AC agenda.
- If approved at AC, the Banner Administrator adds course to Banner which syncs (typically 2-4 weeks after AC approval).