New Certificates, Minors, K-12 Endoresment Programs, or New Emphasis to Existing Programs
Includes: Certificates of Proficiency (both entry- and mid-level), Certificates of Completion, Minors, Graduate Certificates, K-12 Endorsement Programs, or New Emphasis/es for existing Regent-Approved Programs.
1. Department Chair (DC) completes & submits Abbreviated Template for Emphases, Minors, and Certificates to the College Curriculum Committee (CCC) agenda.
2. If approved at the CCC, the proposal is submitted to the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) Secretary two weeks before the UCC meeting.
3. If approved at the UCC, the UCC Secretary submits proposal to the Academic Council (AC) Secretary to be included on the AC agenda.
4. If approved, the DOC shepherds proposal through the remaining approval process. See Program Approval Tracker.
5. If approved through the approval process, the DOC alerts the DC & Advisors.
6. The Catalog Administrator adds the new emphasis, minor, or certificate to the catalog & DegreeWorks.
7. DC verifies new emphasis, minor, or certificate is correct in catalog & Degreeworks.