Do you have fantastic grades? Are you interested in serving as a representative for your program of study? If so, we would like to give you a one-thousand dollar scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year!
Through a generous donation by Judith and Gene Schneiter, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences will select four outstanding students to serve as representatives for their programs of study.
To be considered for this scholarship, students must be enrolled in one of the following programs of study:
- English: Creative Writing, Professional and Technical Writing, Literature, and English Education
- Humanities: Spanish, Humanities Integrated Studies, English as a Second Language Certificate, and American Sign Language
- History and Political Science: History, Social Science Composite Teaching
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: Psychology, and Criminal Justice
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (B) or higher
- Program of study GPA of 3.3 (B+) or higher
Scholarship recipients will serve as College of Humanities and Social Sciences Representatives (CHASSRs) for their areas of study. As a CHASSR, students will be asked to serve in the following capacities:
- Attend a minimum of three recruitment events per semester
- Work closely with department chairs and the dean’s office to promote academic programs
- Represent their area of study to the campus community, local community, and prospective students at local and regional high schools
- Application deadline: April 8, 2017, at 11:59 p.m.
- Scholarship committee review of applications: April 2 – April 15, 2017
- Notification of acceptance letters sent out: May 1, 2017
To apply for the Judith and Gene Schneiter Scholarship, please complete an application form by
April 8, 2017.
Judith and Gene Schneiter Scholarship Application