Academic Council Agenda
December 6, 2011
South Administration Conference Room
Academic Council Minutes
(November 1, 2011)
Curriculum Committee Actions
(November 15, 2011)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
- 5-3 Registration (revision also replaces 5-17 Student Tuition and Fee Payment and 5-Administrative Withdrawal)
- 5-11 Residency Determination for Tuition Purposes
CIT System and Network Administration
Chairs Compensation Adjustment Proposal and Talking Points
- Provide 1 to 3 workload factors per semester and summer to one or two faculty members in the Computer Information Technology Department to do System and Network Administration.
- The CIT Department has its own separate network from the College Network. Due to the increase in number of students in the CIT area, the workload associated with maintaining the CIT Network by the faculty has become large. Special software with limited user licenses, administrative accounts for students, faculty and others to use this software has provided this request.The network equipment, security, and administration are also maintained by faculty in CIT.
- $2500 Stipend each Semester (Fall and Spring) with a minimum 3 credits Release Time per semester (Fall and Spring), and an additional option for a Dean’s allocation of 3 credits per academic year.
- Total combined release time of 9 credits during Fall and Spring.
- $5000 Summer Stipend (combination of $2500 semester stipend, plus a summer adjustment of 10 %, 250) added to 3 credits of compensation equivalent to release time at the summer adjunct rate.
- Be more comprehensible to the recipient.
- Payments would be paid in the semester of oversight.
- Be more predictable for budget planning.
- Allow development and implementation of Banner Workload Module.
- Adjust release time and allow an additional 3.0- 6.0 Faculty FTE of instruction back in the classroom.
- Allow for creation of additional departments within current budget as needed with a defined, administrative cost structure
ESOL Program Director
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees in Art with an Emphasis in Art Education Degree
Academic Appeal Cover Sheet